Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Recipe of the week: Roasted Cauliflower with Pasta

We all love cauliflower at my house, but I know some people who don't care for it. Could it be because when they've had it, it's been boiled out of recognition? Roasting vegetables takes the taste to new heights, especially when you add your favorite herbs. I haven't tried this recipe from my favorite website yet, but I plan to tonight. I'm going to add some fresh Campari tomatoes, and make the olives optional since a certain person in my family can't tolerate them! I'm also going to add some rosemary (because I like it better than parsley) to the cauliflower while it's roasting. I don't usually tweak recipes until I make the recipe "straight" the first time; however, I already have a family favorite cauliflower pasta recipe that uses fresh herbs and tomatoes (but the cauliflower is steamed instead of roasted), so I feel pretty safe playing with it this first time. I'll post the results tomorrow. In the meantime, what's your favorite way with pasta?

1 comment:

  1. This was soooo good! I even forgot to put in the rosemary and it was delicious. I didn't add the water at the end; I just cooked the pasta til it was done and mixed it all together. Oh my. Despite the small amount of butter (and I really think you *could* use less than 2 T), the roasting made it taste rich and buttery. I did add the campari tomatoes, but they really didn't add that much. Served with a nice unfancy green salad, it was a delightful meal that all three of us enjoyed, and will enjoy again.

    ReplyDelete