Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fitness tip of the week: Get Classy!

Planning your exercise schedule is a lot easier if you know you have to be somewhere at a certain time. I notice when I don't have an exercise commitment, it's a lot easier to skip it. However, I am lucky enough to have several classes from which to choose during the week. If I know there are classes on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, I can plan the rest of my week around those classes. And even if I miss one or two, I still have at least 3 opportunities for exercise. I work my individual workouts around those classes and usually end up with a fairly successful week.

Rene Kesecker offers Zumba on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 6:00 PM at the Ice House in Berkeley Springs. On Thursday nights at 7, she is at Rankins Fitness Center. And on Saturday mornings at 9:00, you can find her at the Hancock Town Hall. Classes are attended by (mostly) women of all fitness levels and we have so much fun!

If you don't like classes, make an exercise commitment with a friend or two. Agree that you'll always meet at the same time at least twice a week at the gym, or at the C&O for a brisk walk. The motivation to exercise will be enhanced by knowing that letting yourself down by not showing up will also let down your friend! The time will pass by a lot more quickly, too, when you have someone to chat with and compare notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment