Monday, April 18, 2011

What's for dinner? Ask Google.

Monday is recipe of the week day here on the blog. But what happens in real life when you're trying to get inspired to make something for dinner and can't think of anything? Right. That's what happened to me today. Luckily, I have some things to fall back on. One of them is my computer where I have iGoogle as the default home page in my browser. iGoogle allows users to choose which "Gadgets" to display within its frame, including news, weather, stocks, sports, and recipes! I love looking for recipes online, but I love it even better when a good recipe greets me when I turn on my computer. One of my iGoogle gadgets is "The World's Healthiest Foods," which each week features a healthy food. This week's "healthiest food" is lamb, and there on my iGoogle page is a recipe for 10-minute Rosemary Lamb Chops. Yum!

To get started, go to igoogle.com. If you don't have a Google account or an iGoogle page, you can click on the Get Started link. Once you've created a page, you can click the "Add stuff" link on the upper right part of the page and find interesting "gadgets" to add to your page and they'll be there everytime you go to this page.

So what am I making for dinner tonight? I thought I'd save the lamb chops for the weekend when we can relax and really enjoy them, but tonight I'm going to try these Southwestern Turkeyburgers. I love anything with avocado in it, and it's under 350 calories, so it's sure to be a winner. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment